Meet Your Advisor: Wen-Liang Huang
“My passion is to help business owners, executives, professionals and individuals to properly plan financially early, implementing efficient strategies, techniques, suitable solutions, and products or alternatives so that they can achieve their financial priorities and goals for their deepest held values.”
Founding Principal at Zion Financial Planning, LLC,
a fee-based financial planning and investment management firm
based in Bellevue, WA, USA
Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP® )
Prior to founding Zion in July, 2017, Wen had over 8 years of financial industry experience, including Securian Advisers Northwest, New York Life, Waddell & Reed, MassMutual Financial Group etc., and 15 years as a noise and vibration professional engineer at the Boeing Company and the Ford Motor Company. To differentiate his qualification and value of service he provides in the financial industry, Wen holds several financial certifications including:
- Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®)
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP® )
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Enrolled Agent (EA), Enrolled to Practice Before the IRS
His academic education includes:
- Ph.D. in Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering from Purdue University, Indiana
- MS in Aerospace Engineering from Georgia Tech, Georgia
- MS in Hydraulic and Ocean Engineering from National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- BS in Hydraulic Engineering from National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Wen also enjoys providing service for and within his communities, including presenting educational financial seminars. His hobbies include jogging, hiking, cycling, golfing, gardening etc. Wen and his wife Kaili reside in Bellevue, WA, with their two children — Phoebe is practicing law in Seattle, WA, and Philip is practicing medicine at the hospital of Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
The mission of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for personal financial planning. Zion Financial Planning provides fee-based advice. We believe that this fee-based model allows us to have a more collaborative relationship with our clients because it diligently pursues the best interests and long-term benefits for clients.
WHAT IS THE CLU® DESIGNATION?
A Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®) is a financial professional with extensive knowledge of life insurance. In most states, a CLU® designation exempts you from pre-licensing education and underwriting certification requirements. This means a CLU® has obtained a level of life insurance expertise that exceeds basic life insurance underwriting requirements.
A CLU® certification gives advisors:
- In-depth knowledge of life insurance underwriting concepts and life insurance law within the context of overall risk management
- The necessary knowledge to help clients address their estate planning needs
- An understanding of solutions addressing the life insurance underwriting needs of business owners and professionals
WHAT IS THE CHFC® DESIGNATION?
Advanced financial planning for every person and every need: that’s the credo of the Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®) designation. The ChFC® program covers a must-have list of requirements for financial advisors, from knowledge on tax and retirement planning to special needs advising, wealth management, insurance, and more. If you’re looking for financial classes online that will give you a stronger baseline understanding of what it takes to be successful as a financial consultant, ChFC® certifications for financial advisors can help open doors and expand your business while putting you in a position to branch out and take your chartered financial practice to the next level.